There has been Christian worship on the little hill overlooking Kirkcaldy's High Street for over 760 years.

Kirkcaldy Old Kirk is the site of the first Christian worship in Kirkcaldy after the Celtic missionaries brought the faith here in the 5th century. The first written record of the Kirk is in 1244 when the Roman Catholic Bishop de Bernham consecrated the building to St. Patrick and St. Brisse (St. Bryce) but we know there was a Celtic church there before that. The ancient tower dates from the 15th century.

Kirkcaldy Old Kirk is not open to the public on a regular basis except in the summer months (Fridays and Saturdays in July and August 11am -3pm) at present but it can be viewed from the outside in a walk around the historic graveyard surrounding it. It can be accessed by a cascading staircase or steep steps from Kirk Wynd (KY1 1EH) or through the level drive from Oswald's Wynd and Church Lane, which provides disabled access. (KY1 1BG).

Kirkcaldy Old Kirk
Old Kirk Tower

Car parking in the graveyard is limited to 4 disabled drivers by prior arrangement. A public car park is situated at the foot of Church Lane with a short walk along the lane to the church.

Public Transport
The bus station is a short walk (5 minutes) from the church and is situated behind the Town House at the end of Hunter Street. The railway station is 7 minutes walk from the Old Kirk along Hunter Street from the Town House and through the War Memorial Gardens past the Kirkcaldy Galleries.

Kirkcaldy Old Kirk has a cafe run by Food For Thought which is open for performances and events. There is disabled access throughout the ground floor and disabled toilet facilities.